Confirming that no one else is working on Guide Documentation, Chapter 3

Tom Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Fri Jul 23 15:49:47 EDT 2010

Developers All,

I just now am realizing I should have made this inquiry/request several
weeks ago before I started doing any documentation.  Sorry to be delayed.

Based on a user sending a question to the developer's list I learned
that the documentation was silent as to his question.  While Derek
answered his question and the user got some help, it was clear in the
email exchanges that this issue was not being pushed into the documentation.

I have volunteered to work on this item and have determined where in the
guide I think the information should be placed (Chapter 3).   While this
email is not the patch I will be submitting, it is the required request
for a green-light to move ahead with making a patch to Chapter 3 of the
Guide.  Is anyone else working on Chapter 3?  If so, I would like to
coordinate with that person.  If not, can you all tell me to proceed
with sending in a patch?

Assuming you did tell me to proceed, another question.  When making
changes to the documentation, what is the method to let all translators
know so that they can add the changes to their "to-do" list for their
language versions of the documentation?

Tom