Confirming that no one else is working on Guide Documentation, Chapter 3

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 17:47:30 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Tom Bullock <tbullock at nd.edu> wrote:
>  Is anyone else working on Chapter 3?  If so, I would like to coordinate
> with that person.  If not, can you all tell me to proceed with sending in a
> patch?
>
> Assuming you did tell me to proceed, another question.  When making changes
> to the documentation, what is the method to let all translators know so that
> they can add the changes to their "to-do" list for their language versions
> of the documentation?

I am not working on that section and I don't know the "official
answers," but when you learn them (or create them?) you might also
update the wiki to reflect the current process:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Concept_Guide

I found that page by looking at the "all pages" page in the wiki. I
also discovered that in 2006 someone used the wiki to present/edit the
parts of the Concept Guide (and presumably started the page above,
too). See http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Concept_Guide_draft/Overview
and the other linked text.

The wiki might be a convenient way to get revision suggestions and
feedback, especially if you use an automated tool to convert the
sources between Docbook and wiki. I gather there are several but I
can't immediately tell which were used in 2006... and depending on the
scripts the diffs back to the existing docbook source might be a
nightmare.