Upgrade from v2.3.1 - sql schema conversion

bdebrabant bdebrabant at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 03:37:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am currently running gnucash 2.3.1 with postgresql backend.
When recently trying to upgrade to the latest release, I've faced a few
issues related to the db changes.
When launching gnucash after the upgrade, it recreated the db schema,
dumping the existing one (which I had to restore from backup).

One thing I've tried was to dump the data into an xml file. It failed,
due apparently to the amount of data.

Aren't the db changes supposed to be automatically applied to the
existing schema (new columns, date formatting) when upgrading?
If not, is there a tool to convert my current database?

Many thanks,
Baptiste