Tax Invoice fails in 2.3.13 -- eguile requires slib

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 5 17:27:16 EDT 2010

Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> writes:

> Hello folks
>
> I've just noticed that the eguile-based Tax Invoice fails in 2.3.13
> (I've just updated to r19230) with the error messages show below,
> which boils down to "Unbound variable: sub-vicinity".
>
> This is probably related to Bugfix #615168 which seeks to remove slib.
>
> eguile-utilities.scm requires slib, but hadn't explicitly used it.

Thank you for finding this issue.  Unfortunately with scheme the only
way to detect these kinds of requirements are to run the reports.  So we
appreciate people like you testing.

> Adding
>   (use-modules (ice-9 slib))
> to eguile-utilities.scm fixes the Tax Invoice again.
>
> Shall I create a bug and submit the patch?

Not with this change, no.  We're trying to remove slib dependencies, not
add it back in.

> cheers
>
> Chris

[snip]
>   85: 22* (sub-vicinity (user-vicinity) ".gnucash")
> /usr/local/gnucash-svn-feb10/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/eguile-utilities.scm:85:19:
> In expression (sub-vicinity (user-vicinity) ".gnucash"):
> /usr/local/gnucash-svn-feb10/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/eguile-utilities.scm:85:19:
> Unbound variable: sub-vicinity

The proper fix will be to change this code to use functions other than
sub-vicinity and user-vicinity.