GNU Cash as accounting engine

Amiruddin Nagri amir.nagri at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:21:34 EDT 2010

I do understand Gnucash is under GPL, and I don't have any problems with
making the module that is interacting with the engine opensource. I am
planning to make my Gnucash interacting module such that external programs
can subscribe to post transactions to it, and get updated information about
accounts etc.

So does that mean my application which will be using this GPL interaction
layer also have to be GPLed ?

Regards,
Amiruddin Nagri,
Bangalore, 560008, KA