Fixing bug #600574 - Would like to disable creation of log files and backup files entirely

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Jun 12 11:23:32 EDT 2010

Am Saturday 12 June 2010 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> > > For me personally, it feels better to introduce such a change in
> > > behaviour in a major release than in a minor one. I think a minor
> > > release should behave as consistent as possible while a major release
> > > can introduce new ways of doing things.
> >
> > Agreed, but rather with a differently implemented change.
>
> I can implement this using radio buttons as you propose. This will also
> introduce new strings. You do agree then that those are best still added
> for 2.4 ?

Yes, I agree this should best be added before 2.4.

Yes, I think we can accept this exception to the string freeze because the 1.
the default settings should leave everything unchanged compared to 2.2.x, and
2. the feature should indeed appear in 2.4.0 already, so we prefer to achieve
this goal and accept to miss the string freeze in this particular case.

Regards,

Christian