Documentation Editing (was Re: Reimbursable/non reimbursable expenses)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 14 11:44:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

Tom Bullock <tbullock at nd.edu> writes:

> Derek, you said:

[snip]
>> For reimbursible expenses you would put the "expense" into an asset
>> account, and then when you get reimbursed it would be a transfer from
>> the reimbursibles asset to your cash asset.  For non-reimbursible
>> expenses you'd just use a regular expense account.
>>
>> As you sent this to the devel list, I look forward to seeing your patch
>> that updates the documentation!
>>

> I would like to learn the process of updating documentation and think
> that this issue would be a good one to start on,
> assuming it already has not been done.
>
> What are the steps of the patch process?  Where do I find how to
> proceed?  I assume it is part of the developer's list.

Pull out the gnucash-docs from Subversion.  Edit them.  Then run "svn
diff" to pull up a patch.

> Since I have never done anything yet for GC, I am well aware I need to
> start small and carefully.  Let me know if my
> offer works for all of you.

Document changes are definitely a good way to start.  I've never really
worked on the docs myself, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

The docs are definitely in need of some help!