Gnucash week

Jesse Weinstein jesse at wefu.org
Tue Jun 22 22:21:43 EDT 2010

I'm going to be devoting at least 2 hours a day to working on gnucash
from today through Saturday.  Before I get down to it, I'll need to read
through my backlog of -devel emails, and update and build trunk; but
once I do get started, here are some things I'm thinking of working on:

1) Get the new check printing features working on Ubuntu 9.10 -- which
might be as simple as installing the new release from the Ubuntu
backports repo, or as difficult as manually backporting the features to
a custom package and hosting it on a PPA.

2) Work on more complete doxygen documentation of gnucash internals,
which would involve (besides studying the code) questions to -devel
about the purpose and structure of various files, classes, etc.

3) Learn and practice designing new reports; I'd see what's been
requested, and attempt to create some of them.

4) Attempt to simplify and streamline the process for inputing invoices
and paying bills.  At least as I understand it, there are way too many
steps and dialog boxes in this process, and it'd be good to make it
easier to handle.

While I've been paying attention, and making limited contributions, to
FOSS for some years now, I'm pretty new to actually devoting time and
sustained attention to a project, and I feel somewhat anxious about it.

Any comments or suggestions regarding my effort, or any of the specific
tasks I mentioned, would be gratefully appreciated.

Jesse Weinstein