Persian translation

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Mar 3 09:31:57 EST 2010

For Windows, here's how you can test your translation fa.po:

* Download the gettext-tools zip file:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/gettext-tools-0.17.zip
* Unzip this to somewhere. You only need the executable bin/msgfmt.exe

As you've finished translation work, convert and install your fa.po
file as follows:
* In a command line window, run
    msgfmt.exe fa.po -o fa.gmo
* This binary "fa.gmo" file needs to be copied into your gnucash
installation. If gnucash was installed at e.g.
$prefix=c:\Programs\Gnucash, the fa.gmo file needs to be renamed into
"gnucash.mo", which needs to be moved into the folder
$prefix\share\locale\fa\LC_MESSAGES .

That is, you'll copy the fa.gmo file into this file:
c:\Programs\Gnucash\share\locale\fa\LC_MESSAGES\gnucash.mo

At next startup of gnucash, the new translation should be picked up.

You can run the program msgfmt.exe with the option --help ("msgfmt.exe
--help") to see additional command line options.

This instructions can probably be copied to
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation ...

Regards,

Christian