PATCH: Tweak to gnc-svnversion's bzr section

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Thu Mar 4 12:11:01 EST 2010

  On 3/4/2010 1:21 AM, Jesse Weinstein wrote:
> The bzr handling code I added to gnc-svnversion turns out to fail when
> the top revision isn't an imported svn version; this patch fixes this,
> causing the revision returned to be the bzr revno.
>
> I noticed that the About box describes the output of gnc-svnversion as a
> SVN revision number, which is now not necessarily true.  I'll see about
> sending in a patch to generalize this to refer to whatever VCS is in
> use.  Does anyone know if any code relies on the output of
> gnc-svnversion being a number (in which case, it would already be broken
> on a git revision id, I suppose)?

The output of gnc-svnversion is a string, that gets stuffed into a
format that looks something like "...SVN (r%s %s)" elsewhere in the code

./src/gnome-utils/gnc-splash.c:    ver_string =
g_strdup_printf(_("Version: GnuCash-%s svn (r%s built %s)"),
./src/gnome-utils/gnc-splash.c:    ver_string =
g_strdup_printf(_("Version: GnuCash-%s (r%s built %s)"),

I looked at it briefly and decided that it wasn't worth the time for me
to change. At least getting a readable version identifier in there was
enough. You'd need somehow to rework things so that both the string and
the VC system in use were used. Right now, the output of gnc-svnversion
is captured into a variable that is used by the make script.