Required Cutecash dependencies

Herbert Thoma herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de
Sat Mar 6 11:27:07 EST 2010

Christian Stimming schrieb:
>> Does not seem to work :-(
>>
>> The check works. I added
>> MESSAGE ("Found Guile ${GUILE_VERSION_MAJOR}.${GUILE_VERSION_MINOR}")
>> to CMakeLists.txt and it reports 1.8.
>>
>> However, when I do make VERBOSE=1 I get: (...)
>>
>> There is no -DHAVE_GUILE18 in the gcc command line. Is it possible that
>> ADD_DEFINITIONS (foobar) is not propagated to subdirs?
>
> According to the documentation of ADD_DEFINITIONS (run "cmake --help-command
> add_definitions"), this command should specifically add this to the current
> directory *and below*. ALso, for HAVE_CONFIG_H in src/CMakeLists.txt this
> seems to work fine. It is weird if "make VERBOSE=1" confirms it didn't arrive
> in the command line.

Yes, if I add ADD_DEFINITIONS (-DHAVE_GUILE18) outside of the test everything
compiles just fine.

The if clause
  IF (Guile_FIND_VERSION_MAJOR AND ${GUILE_VERSION_MAJOR} EQUAL 1
      AND Guile_FIND_VERSION_MINOR AND ${GUILE_VERSION_MINOR} GREATER 7)
does not work. Removing Guile_FIND_VERSION_MAJOR and Guile_FIND_VERSION_MINOR
from the test fixes it for me. See attached patch.
I am not familiar with cmake at all, this is pure trial and error. So I don't
know if this has any undesired side effects.

 Herbert.

--
Herbert Thoma
Dipl.-Ing., MBA