OFX Import Account Association

Bill Burke wburke1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 23:03:31 EDT 2010

I have been having problems getting the aqbanking to work correctly.
However, I have used the python scripts ofx-ba.py with great success.  I
am able to connect to all of my various bank accounts and download
transactions.  I have figured out how to import them using the generic
ofx importer.

The only problem is when I set up which account corresponds to which
security as well as income accounts.  If I make any mistakes in this
process, I can't fix them using the gui.  At least I haven't been able
to find a place to do this.  The only remedy that I've found is to
gunzip the file and manually delete the "online_id" "slot" from the xml
for the account that is in error.  Then, when I import the ofx file, I
am prompted again to choose the correct account.

In my opinion, this is a pretty big shortcoming in the ofx import
functionality.  I love the fact that you can import ofx files, since it
makes up for the buggy aqbanking online plugin, which often crashes when
I try to use it.  The ofx import is a good workaround aside from this
account management problem.  I am also concerned that i might not be
able to hold the same security in multiple accounts.  It may be that
only one account at a time can be assigned to a security.  Have I missed
anything on these two issues?

Thanks,
Bill