Indexes on splits.account_guid and transactions.post_date

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 17:59:51 EDT 2010

Hi

Could I put in a plea for indexes to be added to splits.account_guid
and transactions.post_date when convenient?  Alternatively if someone
could point me to where to do it I will submit a patch, assuming that
the code is reasonably obvious.  Presumably at this time it is only
necessary to add the index when a new db is saved.  There is no need
for the code to update an existing db.

I am generating a budget type report direct from the db.  Without the
indexes it takes 17.5 seconds to run, with them it is 4.5 secs.

Many thanks

Colin