OFX Import Account Association

Bill Burke wburke1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 15:29:54 EDT 2010

I have looked through the source for a couple of hours, and I've arrived
at the following conclusions.

1. it looks like it will be fairly easy to set up a window that will
show what accounts are associated with online accounts by the ofx
importer.  Simply show the account and online_id slot.  Also, we can
show the ofx/associated-income-account slot if it exists.
We can create a list of associated accounts by running
gnc_account_foreach_descendant(...)  with a callback that will fill its
argument with a list of accounts and online_id's.
gnc_import_get_acc_online_id(...) and gnc_import_set_acc_online_id(...)
from import-utilities.c can be used to read and modify the online id's.

2. It is true that only one online account can currently exist per
stock, so holding the same stock in different accounts will not work.
This can be remedied by storing "data.acount_id"+"data.unique_id" as the
online_id instead of just the data.unique_id.  (L421 of
gnc-ofx-import.c)

Unfortunately, I have no experience with modifying the gui aspects of
the program.  But I've tracked it all down.  Any suggestions about where
to put the button/menu item to display this screen?  Also what would be
the best format to display all this in.  Honestly, I'm kind of hoping
somebody will throw it together, and I won't have to sift through gui
stuff.

Bill