2.3.11 on osx crashes at startup & Update Dirs problems

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Mar 22 02:07:38 EDT 2010

On Mar 21, 2010, at 4:54 PM, Mac Pigman wrote:

> John Ralls-2 wrote:
>>
>> Took a bit longer than I expected, but a repaired Gnucash Intel 2.3.11.dmg
>> is now available.
>>
> I'm afraid it still doesn't work for me.  Update Dirs complains
>
> tell current application
> 	do shell script "LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/Volumes/Gnucash Intel 2.3.11/Update
> Dirs.app/'../Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gwenhywfar:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> '/Volumes/Gnucash Intel 2.3.11/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/aqbanking-cli'
> updateconf"
> 		--> error "Config for AqBanking 4 not found, update needed (-55)
> Config for AqBanking 3 not found (-51)
> Config for AqBanking 2 not found (-51), no usable configuration found to
> update." number 2
> Result:
> error "Config for AqBanking 4 not found, update needed (-55)
> Config for AqBanking 3 not found (-51)
> Config for AqBanking 2 not found (-51), no usable configuration found to
> update." number 2
>
> As for Gnucash itself, it starts up fine, but when I open a file, it doesn't
> display, although I do see the message, "Loading user data..."  Before
> trying 2.3.11, I killed dbus-daemon and gconfd-2 (which hung around from
> 2.3.9).  I also tried removing Library/Application Support/Gnucash,
> .gnucash, .gconf*, and .gnome*.  Same problem.

Rats.

Do you use online banking? It appears that a possible cause of the Update Dirs error might be that there isn't any aqbanking setup to update, and aqbanking whines about that.

I'm still at a loss about why the account file comes up with an empty screen the first time; it might be that binreloc got broken (I fixed it in trunk today). I'll test that theory tomorrow. In the meantime, you can select View>New Accounts Page to get the accounts page back, and from there open whatever other registers you like.

Regards,
John Ralls