Proposals/feedback for a distributed version control system for cutecash?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Mar 29 11:49:40 EDT 2010

Am Montag, 29. März 2010 schrieb John Ralls:
> >> [...]
> >> Do you know of any hosting sites with that VCS that offers continuous
> >> tracking of the original SVN branch?
> >
> > Unless I misunderstand, doesn't git-svn currently offer continuous
> > tracking (pull & rebase or merge, commit & push)? Probably it's a bit
> > slower than pulling from a native Git repo though.
>
> I think launchpad automagically syncs periodically with a "master" svn
>  repo, which is what Christian is looking for.

Yes.

>  It's not to hard to set up a
>  cron job to do git-svn rebase && git push foo, so I wouldn't see that as a
>  major obstacle, but Christian might see it differently.

Well, I don't have a machine anywhere that is switched on for most of the
week, so I didn't think of running this on my own. But indeed, someone with a
machine which is online most of the time could easily set this up.

> Github probably isn't the right public repo for Gnucash just because it
>  works (AFAICT) exclusively on the "pull" model.

Did I understand this correctly: The github repositories doesn't support git
branches where more than one developer can push to? Is this true? It sounds a
bit weird not to have this (even though some projects might do well without).

Thanks!

Christian