Translators: r19106 - Update website po files to reflect latest website content

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu May 6 04:04:19 EDT 2010

On Thursday 6 May 2010, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2010 schrieb Frank H. Ellenberger:
> > Hi Geert,
> >
> > I think, this should be announced, as the download page and some other
> >  strings now appear in english and should be translated again.

Hi Frank,

You may be right about announcing this. What's the proper way to do that ?

I should note though that I didn't really change any strings recently. The
updated po files reflect changes that have been made months ago (I believe I
updated the download section in December). This means the untranslated strings
have been on the website since then.

Should I have updated the po files then and issue an announcement about this ?

> > When I started the german translation, i saw double whitespaces in the
> > strings. could you remove them, where not intended?
>
> Sometimes there are double whitespace at the beginning of sentences,
>  between the period of the previous sentence and the beginning of the new
>  one. This is commonly used in English typewriting. In HTML, however, these
>  are of course meaningless, but IMHO they make the source code somewhat
>  easier to read, so I guess they can stay in there.
>
> > The page Sizing is somewhat outdated. Has anybody more recent statistics
> >  than 2003?
>
> No. I guess this page should rather be removed, unless someone gets curious
> enough to provide a sane update to that sort of table...
>
> >  Counting gnucashs .po's are there 36 instead of the published 23
> >  languages. Authors are 18+185-1(I am twice named)=202 instead of 139.
> > That's my current state, may be there are some more inaccuracies.
>
> Right, but then again, the whole "sizing" page would need to be
>  re-created...

The current sizing page is indeed very outdated.

Tao Wang already suggested svnstat as an alternative.

Myself I would rather refer to ohloh.net's page on gnucash:
https://www.ohloh.net/p/gnucash
IMHO it looks more polished than svnstat and it's a hosted service we don't
have to manage ourselves.

The only information not there is the number of languages GnuCash has been
translated in. But that information could easily be added to the features page
if we like to keep it.

Geert