How to translate Windows Installer?

Tao Wang dancefire at gmail.com
Fri May 7 03:51:24 EDT 2010

Today, I finally sucessfully build my win32 package, so I'm able to
verify my translation patch for Win32 installer, I found some problems
and fixed them.

Here is the new patch for Windows Installer of Simplified Chinese.
please commit to trunk.

BTW, "packaging/win32/gnucash.iss.in" contains different encoding
text, which is very bad during editing. If I use my locale such as
GB2312 to open it, and do some modification and save it, it's very
possible to make the text in other encoding changed in wrong way. It
is the limitation of old INNO setup. However, Inno support Unicode
now, and the file *.iss is able to use utf-8, which is much better for
a single file containing multiple languages. I suggest we should
upgrade to latest version of Inno setup and take the advantage.

And current version of Inno setup is not works perfectly under Windows
7/Vista system, sometimes, if you click "cancel", Win7 will say
something like "this program may not installed correctly,...". There
are several bugs about this fixed in the later release. So, upgrade to
new version should be better.