gnucash-el project created

Mark Haanen i18n at haanen.net
Sat May 8 08:52:09 EDT 2010

On saturday 08-05-2010 at 12:33 uur [timezone +1000], Tao Wang wrote:
> Why not join a Greek Translation team and provide them the
> translatable resource? I think it should be easier than create a new
> one. And for .po file, you can submit it to TP directly. (Although, I
> know TP is not fast response, I send them a request for several days,
> but no response. I'm still waiting to be come a member of Chinese
> Team. However, l10n.gnome.org is much faster, and the interface is
> much better.)

I feel that a bit of additional info on the Translation Project is
required, as in my experience it's not slow at all. The following steps
are required:

a. Join the Translation team for Greek. The team page
<http://translationproject.org/team/el.html> shows the info. The time
required for this step depends mainly on the speed of the language
coordinator.
b. Get the team coordinator to assign the gnucash domain to you.
Currently it's marked 'external', so this should not be a problem. Also,
there's no need to disclaim copyright for the gnucash project, so
there's no delay for that step.
c. You can now upload your translation by mailing the .po-file to the
robot. Response time is about 10 mins each time you do this.

For my own language (dutch), the translation project works very well.
However, much depends on the attitude and activity of the translation
team for your own language.

@Nikos: Good luck with your translation effort -- and welcome on board!

-Mark-