Font question for 2.4.0

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 10 12:01:21 EDT 2010

Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:

> I haven't really looked at it, but I think that font
> handling/specification can be added to all stylesheets for 2.4.0.  The
> default font used will be the user-specified Windows default font (or
> Linux - it is retrieved from pango using
> pango_font_description_get_family()).  I hesitate to get rid of the
> stylesheet named "Default" in case any users have stylesheets based on
> it or modified "Default" stylesheets.  I suppose I could remove
> "Default" and rename "Default-CSS" to "Default" and hope that this
> hasn't screwed up anybody.

I say "make it work".  We're still in the testing stages.  While we have
a string freeze, we're still allowed to change things around to make
things work.  This is clearly an i18n bug that we should fix now.

Other than people with open reports in 2.3.12, what are the downsides of
making this change?