Cannot run eguile report on Ubuntu 10.04

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue May 11 12:24:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 9:56 am, Valdis Vītoliņš wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm trying to go deeper in Gnucash localization for Latvian.
>
> One of my customer's request is to prepare few customized reports for
> SMB needs.
> I assume the most modern way to do is using eguile
> (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports_Using_Eguile)
> where eguile-gnc.scm is prepared as an example already.
>
> Though I cannot run it on Ubuntu 10.04, because Gnucash chrashes with
> following error:

You don't say what version of GnuCash you are using....  or where you
started with the eguile report.

[snip]
> /opt/gnucash-svn/share/gnucash/scm/options.scm:1352:5: In expression
> (hash-for-each (lambda # #) option-hash):
> /opt/gnucash-svn/share/gnucash/scm/options.scm:1352:5: Unbound variable:
> hash-for-each
>
> What can I do? Any hints are welcome.

This seems like you're applying old and new GnuCash scheme files together.
 We're in the process or removing the slib dependencies (which includes
using hash-for-each).  Are you perhaps combining some old and new code?

> Another question is about customization for business/production needs.
> Till current time, I used development version. But when I'd need to
> provide customized solution, will it be too risky
> to provide it on development version? Can it be backported to stable
> version?

It depends on your timeline.  You might want to wait a month or two until
the 2.4 stable release is.. released.   If you canot wait that long then
you might need to backport your changes to 2.2.9.  However I do not
recommend using eguile with 2.2.9 at this time.

> Thanks in advance,
> Valdis
> http://odo.lv/Gnucash/

Hope this helps.