Cannot run eguile report on Ubuntu 10.04

Valdis Vītoliņš valdis.vitolins at odo.lv
Tue May 11 12:58:25 EDT 2010

Thanks Derek for your rapid response.
My comments and additional questions are inline.

> > One of my customer's request is to prepare few customized reports for
> > SMB needs.
> > I assume the most modern way to do is using eguile
> > (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports_Using_Eguile)
> > where eguile-gnc.scm is prepared as an example already.
> >
> > Though I cannot run it on Ubuntu 10.04, because Gnucash chrashes with
> > following error:
>
> You don't say what version of GnuCash you are using....  or where you
> started with the eguile report.

I use the latest development version checked out from
http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk
gnucash 2.3.12 svn r19148M

Though I got dependencies to compile gnucash partially for stable
version
(as a lazy Ubuntu's shortcut to resolve most of dependencies for GnuCash
stable):
sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash

And partially bu additional packages:
sudo apt-get install texinfo libdbi0-dev

> > /opt/gnucash-svn/share/gnucash/scm/options.scm:1352:5: In expression
> > (hash-for-each (lambda # #) option-hash):
> > /opt/gnucash-svn/share/gnucash/scm/options.scm:1352:5: Unbound variable:
> > hash-for-each
> >
> > What can I do? Any hints are welcome.
>
> This seems like you're applying old and new GnuCash scheme files together.
>  We're in the process or removing the slib dependencies (which includes
> using hash-for-each).  Are you perhaps combining some old and new code?

What do you mean with "scheme files"?
Behavior is the same if I use previously created and newly generated
account file.
I haven't change anything in source/binary yet.

> It depends on your timeline.  You might want to wait a month or two until
> the 2.4 stable release is.. released.   If you canot wait that long then
> you might need to backport your changes to 2.2.9.  However I do not
> recommend using eguile with 2.2.9 at this time.

That's fine, I'll rely on release of 2.4 then, because I need final
results ~ at the end of June.

Valdis