I did some modification of GnuCash website.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat May 15 12:10:21 EDT 2010

On Friday 14 May 2010, Tao Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did some modification on the GnuCash website, and have following
>  improvements.
>
> 1) Change the structure of l10n.
> Previous: /zh_CN/index.phtml
> Now: /index.phtml?lang=zh_CN
>
> And the parameter "?lang=zh_CN" is optional, only necessary when
> changing the locale. The locale will be saved as cookie, so, after
> selecting language, it's not necessary to set the parameter
> "?lang=xx_XX" to every link.
>
> So, there will not be several set of pages, only one set pages is enough.
>
> 2) Centralize the *.mo files
> Previously: /xx_XX/LC_MESSAGE and mixed with the *.phtml.
> Now: /locale/xx_XX/LC_MESSAGE, the '/locale' is only for *.mo files.
>
> 3) Using php-gettext instead of system gettext.
> I put {gettext.inc, gettext.php, stream.php} to 'externals', so we can
> use php-gettext, which has the ability to support locale which the
> system didn't support. It will directly read the .mo file if the
> system doesn't support the locale. Otherwise, it will use the system's
> gettext. So, we can use it as a fallback.
>
> To use php-gettext, just replace _("") to T_("").
>
> Could you have a try to see whether it's acceptable? Thanks.

Hi Tao,

Thank you for your work on the website.

I have committed your changes. However, there is a problem with the search
pages for the mailing lists.

The script "search/namazu-cgi.sh" uses the language part of the path to
determine what language namazu should use to output the search results. There
is no language part in the paths anymore.

To complete this, you will have to fix this script. In short, namazu should be
started with the environment variable LANG set to the proper language. I don't
mind if you replace this shell script with a php script, as long as it works.

For now, I haven't reverted the changes yet. If you can find a fix shortly,
that would be great, otherwise, I'll have to revert the changes back.

Geert