Why we move to libdbi rather than libgda?

Tao Wang dancefire at gmail.com
Sat May 22 08:49:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

When I look at the file 'packaging/win32/libdbi-0.8.3.patch', I found
the libdbi hasn't been actively developed for a long time, the last
release is 2 years ago. On the other hand, 'libgda' is keeping active
development, now is version 4. I also found the discussion in the
mailing list:

[DB abstraction layer: libdbi vs libgda]
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2006-October/018976.html

I looks we were going to move to libgda. However, the current
dependency shows GnuCash is using libdbi. So, what happened? What made
us move to the 'libdbi' rather than 'libgda'?

Thanks.
--
Regards

Tao Wang