Translatability of Invoices is messed up; was: Bug 616697 - string "Payment rec'd..." should be more cleared. (in taxinvoice.scm)

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Fri May 28 10:33:02 EDT 2010

Am Freitag, 28. Mai 2010 um 10:48:40 schrieb Chris Dennis:
> Are you sure?  The standard invoice.scm uses N_ for options.

Yes, I was just wondering, why some terms in the different invoices are
untranslated. There is something messed up.

> I looked
> into it last year, and thought I'd made the right choice using N_
> instead of _ , but now I can't remember exactly how those macros work.

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Tips_for_Developers or
http://people.gnome.org/~malcolm/i18n/marking-strings.html etc.

It is easy to remember with the C-declaration:
#define N_(String) gettext_noop(String)

Frank