Price Editor vs Security Editor

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Fri Nov 12 09:15:56 EST 2010

Hi,

Am Samstag, 16. Oktober 2010 um 07:31:12 schrieb David T.:
> Way back when, I had had the idea that a Security setup routine would be
> useful. Such a procedure would query the user for the ticker symbol and
> exchange, and from there, attempt to create:

I just wish to warn you, that the ticker symbol is not unique. It depends on
your FQ source:
If I ask yahoo, I have e.g. to enter <ISIN>EUR or <ISIN>.<place>, while for
german sources union, deka, ... I have to enter the national security number
WKN.

> 1) the security;
> 2) the security account; and
> 3) an income account (for dividends)

4) an expense account for fees

> I never got very far with my attempts, but every once in a while I think
> about it again...

I fear it will become more complicated, because there are also questions about
the structure of your account hierarchy, which might be affected by probably
annualy changing local tax law.

Some criterias for structure: depot bank, risk, taxation, ...

But I think, we could improve the documentation at least with the questions,
the user should answer to optimize her preferred structure.

> David

Frank