Documentation in pdf format

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Nov 24 07:36:43 EST 2010

Hi,

A couple of days back I have restored the pdf generation functionality in our
documentation source tree. With this you can generate a pdf file from the help
manual or the concepts guide.

You need xsltproc and fop installed on your system to be able to use it.
xsltproc may come with libxslt on your system. Most of today's distro's have
fop in one of their software repositories. I have mentioned some of them in
the README file in the documentation directory.

Once fop is installed it's very easy to generate pdfs:
* checkout gnucash-docs/trunk
* in the root of your working copy run
  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure
* This initialized the build system for the documentation. Note, if fop or
xsltproc is missing you will get an warning or error to tell you so.
* Next go into the directory for which you wish to generate a pdf file
  cd help/C
* And run
  make pdf
* Fop will spew a lot of warnings, but in the end you will have gnucash-
help.pdf in the directory.
* If you wish to generate pdfs for all documents in all languages, run
  make pdf
  from the root of your working directory. The pdfs will be in each respective
source directory.

Geert