Save As MySQL is crashing gnucash

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 27 06:27:39 EST 2010

On 27 November 2010 10:58, Ian X Waddington <iwaddox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> No I do not need to use MySQL at all, the xml option works fine.
>
> I was thinking that if I get the data into an MySQL database I might be able
> to access the data more easily (read\only) to look at producing some form of
> checking account forecasting tool, either with XL or Access.
>
> I am really keen to switch from MS-Money UK to GnuCash but I rely heavily on
> being able to forecast how much will be in (or not be in) my checking
> account as we run towards payday - so far I've not had any response with any
> good tips on how to do this so was considering building something myself
> using tools I've more chance of making progress with, MySQL, XL or Access.
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Perhaps I am misguided :-)

I don't think you are misguided, I am generating reports for myself
from the mysql database with great success.  I use Ubuntu so do not
have the windoze issues.

Off Topic I know, but you could use this as an excuse to move away
from Windows.  I moved to Ubuntu a couple of years ago and have never
regretted the learning curve.  On Ubuntu I feel in control of my PC
again and it is so much snappier in performance on my non top of the
range PC.  You can forget about virus scanners too.  Community support
is great if you have any problems.  The PC can be setup with a dual
boot so you can either run Windows or Ubuntu so don't have to burn
bridges.

Colin