Save As MySQL is crashing gnucash

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 08:43:33 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> If you install either Ubuntu or Mint, early in the installation
> process you will deal with partitioning. If you install "side-by-side"
> with Windows, the installer will squash your Windows partition for you
> to make space for Ubuntu/Mint. It will also install Grub in the master
> boot record of your disk, which will give you the option of running
> Ubuntu/Mint or Windows.

One additional and essential bit of advice: before you do anything
like the above, make sure you completely back up your system with
something like Acronis (I use SATA drives in little USB enclosures as
my backup devices; they are very cheap these days), so that you can
easily get back to where you started from if you make an error. If you
use Acronis, you want to back up the entire disk, not just the Windows
file-system, so that partioning info and the master and partition boot
records are part of the backup. This is easier to do with their
software than it is to describe.

/Don