Preferences documentation

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Sun Oct 10 06:16:32 EDT 2010

I saw that the documentation about the preferences in GnuCash is not up
to date, so I would like to improve it. I'm planning to start the work
in the "ch_basics.xml" file under "guide/C". I'm also planning to update
all the figures in this chapter. I noticed that under "help" there is a
similar chapter that will eventually be updated too.
I have some knowledge of the dockbook system but for any problem I will
ask here.

Is someone working already on this task?
When the patch is ready do I need someone to review the changes or could
I commit it directly?

Thanks for any help or tips!

Regards
Cristian