svn and Trac browse source not the same?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Oct 11 04:30:31 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 28 September 2010, David Reiser wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2010, at 8:00 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > I'm not sure what goes wrong.
> >
> > I can only think of these things:
> > * either the source is not fully up to date
> > * the build chain is not picking up all the necessary changes, it
> > continues to work with some obsolete files
> > * GnuCash at runtime is picking up the wrong libraries
> >
> > The first two are easy to eliminate:
> > * do a fresh checkout
> > * in this fresh checkout, do
> >  - ./autogen.sh
> >  - configure --prefix <dir-to-install-in> <your-other-configure-options>
> >  - make && make install
> > * and see if this gnucash runs or not
>
> No.
>
> > Use a prefix different from your existing working copy, so you're sure
> > not to mix up installed files between the two.
>
> In general, I run 'rm -rf $PREFIX/*' before make install, so I shouldn't be
>  seeing any cross talk. But I'll try another prefix.
>
> > This takes some time, but should help eliminate the cause.
> >
> > If GnuCash still doesn't work, it's very likely it picks up the wrong
> > shared libraries and we should work from there.
> >
> > Geert
>
> Thanks for the help.

Dave, I'm still trying to discover where this goes wrong.

Two questions:
- Do you have multiple GnuCash installations on your system (either fink or
other macports or the Quartz integrated version) ? If so, could you
(temporarily) eliminate all of them except the one you are building ?
- What prefix are you using for the installation ?

Geert