Unexpected XML errors found

Thomas Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Tue Oct 19 13:25:22 EDT 2010

Developers,

Working on my next patch (a tweak to what I previously installed) I noted that a couple of chapter references had been left out of Chapter 1 - Basics.  So I thought I would add the reference to both Budgets and Other Assets.

When I ran the 'xmllint' command, I got 18 xml errors: 14 relating to gnucash-guide.xml and the remaining 4 relating to ch-basics.xml

All of the 18 errors are essentially worded in this manner:
	"Element (name of element):validity error - element application is not declared in (name of element) list of possible children."

Where I say (name of element) a different element is named for the spot in the file identified by the line number given for the error.

This sounds to me as an xsl or dtd problem.  Would that be correct?

Any suggestions how I can remove these errors?

Thanks.

Tom