Getting 2.4 Released - Yes!

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Oct 23 08:10:56 EDT 2010

On Saturday 16 October 2010, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Dear John,
>
> I completely agree. It's been two months already since the last test
>  release, and we didn't see any significant progress in the last fields
>  that were expected to be fixed before 2.4.0.
>
> Am Saturday 16 October 2010 schrieb John Ralls:
> > What needs to be done to make the next test release a "release candidate"
> > that we can safely recommend to ordinary users that they can try it out
> > without risking their data? (FWIW, I've been using 2.3.15 regularly
> > without incident, but there are lots of features that I don't use.)
>
> I've been using it as well, and I've explained on this list before (and on
> gnucash-de) that I consider 2.3.15 (but excluding the SQL backends, i.e.
>  still with XML file store) to be ready for normal everyday use.
>
> > There are two bugs with priority higher than normal
>
> This isn't the criterion for the upcoming 2.4.0 release. Instead, the
> "milestone" is the criterion. See:
>
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=GnuCash&bug_status=UNCONFIRM
> ED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=
> 2.4.0

Shouldn't the issues in milestone 2.3.x also be (re)considered before 2.4 can
be released ?

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=GnuCash&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=2.3.x

There are 5 bugs in that list.
Bug 616100 seems to be dealt with by Phil some time ago, but it's still open.
He didn't confirm the problem was solved or not.

There also used to be a bug on this list (until a few minutes ago) "Clarify
preference Euro support". This bug is on my todo list, and I have started to
implement it. However the new code introduces new strings, so I have removed
this bug from the milestone. It will have to appear in a future develompent
cycle.

I don't know about the other bugs.

Geert