Getting 2.4 Released - Yes!

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Oct 23 10:41:11 EDT 2010

On Oct 23, 2010, at 5:10 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On Saturday 16 October 2010, Christian Stimming wrote:
>>
>> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=GnuCash&bug_status=UNCONFIRM
>> ED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=
>> 2.4.0
>>
> Shouldn't the issues in milestone 2.3.x also be (re)considered before 2.4 can
> be released ?
>
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=GnuCash&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=2.3.x
>
> There are 5 bugs in that list.
> Bug 616100 seems to be dealt with by Phil some time ago, but it's still open.
> He didn't confirm the problem was solved or not.
>
> There also used to be a bug on this list (until a few minutes ago) "Clarify
> preference Euro support". This bug is on my todo list, and I have started to
> implement it. However the new code introduces new strings, so I have removed
> this bug from the milestone. It will have to appear in a future develompent
> cycle.
>
> I don't know about the other bugs.

I think so. I've been looking at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO;target_milestone=2.3.x;target_milestone=2.4.0;product=GnuCash

which has 7 tickets on it. 118391 has been fixed and is being kept open only as a reminder to the Windows packager (and probably to me, I don't think that I have the iso-codes package in the OSX bundle either). The rest seem to be all db backend problems (I need to test 600443 to make sure that's the case).

Are you still working on 630770 (the crash when db loses its connection)?

Regards,
John Ralls