Stock Split Druid doesn't work in trunk

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Sep 6 06:26:50 EDT 2010

On Monday 6 September 2010, J. Alex Aycinena wrote:
> Geert,
>
> I believe you made a change to the stock-splits glade file
> (gnucash/trunk/src/gnome/glade/stocks.glade, r19322) and wanted to
> point out that the Stock Split Druid doesn't work in trunk. I checked
> with r19217, and it does work there. When I used it in trunk, it went
> to the end but on the final page, rather than show the buttons
> 'Cancel', 'Back', 'Apply', it shows 'Cancel', 'Back(dimmed and not
> selectable)', 'Forward'. Selecting 'Forward' does nothing. If all you
> did was 'Convert glade files to glade3/gtk+2.10', I wonder if any of
> the other glade conversions have caused things to break. I haven't
> particularly checked any others.
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

When I converted all the glade files, I hit a few quirks in the glade
designer. One of them was that is changed the configuration of the druid
finish page in a way that's not correct for libglade files. Particularly, it
changed the position label from "GNOME_EDGE_FINISH" to "Edge finish". I
suspect the new label is actually a gtkbuilder thing.
The only way to make this work properly was to manually fix these few quirks.
I thought I had taken care of this for all druids, but clearly I missed the
stock split druid.

Thanks for catching this.

Geert