documentation update: International support

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Sep 9 16:30:50 EDT 2010

On Thursday 9 September 2010, jh wrote:
> Hi,
> looking at the po directory, I find 37 languages (and dialects) now.
> How can I tell, if these fall into the category 'fully translated' or
> 'partially supported'?
> Thanks
> Juergen

You can run the following command inside the po directory:
for i in *.po; do echo -n "$i:"; msgfmt -c --statistics $i;done

This will print the number of translated/untranslated/fuzzy messages for each
language.

Strictly speaking, a "fully translated" language shouldn't have any
untranslated of fuzzy messages. But I feel that is rather strict. I would
consider a 90% or more score good enough for the status "fully translated".
That's just my opinion though.

Geert