documentation update: International support

jh jhoewener at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 10 02:28:38 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 22:30 +0200, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Thursday 9 September 2010, jh wrote:
> > Hi,
> > looking at the po directory, I find 37 languages (and dialects) now.
> > How can I tell, if these fall into the category 'fully translated' or
> > 'partially supported'?
> > Thanks
> > Juergen
> >
> You can run the following command inside the po directory:
> for i in *.po; do echo -n "$i:"; msgfmt -c --statistics $i;done
>
> This will print the number of translated/untranslated/fuzzy messages for each
> language.
>
> Strictly speaking, a "fully translated" language shouldn't have any
> untranslated of fuzzy messages. But I feel that is rather strict. I would
> consider a 90% or more score good enough for the status "fully translated".
> That's just my opinion though.
>
> Geert
Wow, what a magic!!
BTW, thank you for the nice video as well!

Attached is my digest. Going by your 90% criteria, there are now 8 fully
translated :(
I looked inside the en_GB.po and noticed some vandalism:

  #: ../src/gnome/glade/account.glade.h:57
  #, fuzzy
  msgid "Setup selected accounts"
  msgstr "Delete selected account"

and others!