Polish translation: problem

Radzislaw Galler r.galler at adbglobal.com
Mon Sep 13 09:13:21 EDT 2010

On Monday 13 September 2010, Cristian Marchi wrote:
> Translations commited to rev 19572. They will be in the next release.
> Thanks for contributing.
>
> I've only found a problem on file po/pl.po: if I run it through the
> command "msgfmt -c" i get an error message because one english string
> contains this phrase "e.g. 10% or 32px" while the translated is "np. 10%
> lub 32px". The problem is that the combination "% o" is not recognized
> as corresponding to "% l". Searching from google I discovered that by
> removing "#, c-format" for this string the error message is gone. For
> now I've left this string in the commited translation because it is in
> the original pot file but I'm in need of help from developers on this
>  topic.

IMHO this c-format can be safely removed, but it should be done in more
general way. I don't know anything about scheme programming (yet) but it seems
that intl-scm/xgettext.scm should be somehow fixed to not to treat strings with
'%' character separated with space from next letter as c-format.

Other workaround (easier to do but due to string freeze impossible now) is to
change both in msgid and msgstr the offending '10%' to '10%%'.

Regards
Rajish