Unexpected results in attempting a patch

Tom Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Sat Sep 25 17:04:10 EDT 2010

Hi Yawar,

On 09/20/2010 09:36 PM, Yawar Amin wrote:
> You’re right that there is actually a program that transforms our source XML files into browser-friendly HTML. I don’t have a script per se, I just run the command directly (the following assumes you’re in the guide/whatever-locale/ directory, e.g. guide/C/):
>
> xsltproc -o output_html/ ../../xsl/general-customization.xsl gnucash-guide.xml
>
> A little explanation: output_html is a directory that will automatically be created and filled with the output HTML. You can specify any name that makes sense. ../../xsl/general-customization.xsl is a relative path to the XSL stylesheet we are using to turn the raw input XML into the HTML we want, and it has to be that exact name.
>
> At this point, the generated HTML guide will be in the output_html directory, and you can open any of the files in there with your browser.

I used your xsltproc command in a terminal and it worked as you said. I
say that, based on my seeing the modules being generated as the command
executed. However, I have not been able to find the output_html directory.

The modules are listed in the ../guide/C directory. When I list that
fully and its parent directory fully, there is no directory named
output_html. All modules are intermingled with the xml modules in the
../guide/C directory.

What did I do wrong that the output_html directory did not get created?

TIA

Tom