r20514 - gnucash/trunk - Remove the qof_book_merge code because it is unused in gnucash.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Apr 6 11:14:02 EDT 2011

Zitat von Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:

> Christian,
>
> Christian Stimming <cstim at code.gnucash.org> writes:
>
>> Author: cstim
>> Date: 2011-04-02 15:59:20 -0400 (Sat, 02 Apr 2011)
>> New Revision: 20514
>> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20514
>>
>> Removed:
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/test/test-book-merge.c
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/qof/qofbookmerge.c
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/qof/qofbookmerge.h
>> Modified:
>>    gnucash/trunk/po/POTFILES.in
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/test/Makefile.am
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/CMakeLists.txt
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/qof/Makefile.am
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/qof/qof.h
>> Log:
>> Remove the qof_book_merge code because it is unused in gnucash.
>
> This code was there for the 'QSF Import'..  Which was turned off because
> it was buggy.  I think this is still useful in the long run if we ever
> got it working.  I feel it is premature to remove this.

I believe if anyone wants to take a new shot at this feature from a
user point of view, that person will most likely end up with a much
better implementation if he/she also does the analysis, design, and
implementation all on his/her own. The old code has now been unused
because it was buggy. So better remove it before anyone thinks it
might be non-buggy. This changes immediately if anyone starts to use
it and/or add unittest coverage. But this is not in sight -> removal.

Regards,

Christian