GnuCash trunk r20559 mingw build failed

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Apr 12 07:49:43 EDT 2011

On dinsdag 12 april 2011, Nitish Kumar wrote:
> > What version of Windows are you using, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit ?
>
> Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
>
> This seems to be mingw specific issue. I have gcc-mingw 4.5.2.1. And as you
> guess, this doesn't seem to support %llu format specifier. I replaced it
> with %I64u and it works. But still could not complete the build as there is
> the same issue of %ll in other files like /backend/xml/sistp-utils.c line
> 226.
>
> I see the wiki tells mingw specific instructions, but the nightly build has
> been running fine since Phil has added code. But the wiki also tells the
> instructions are old, so things might have changed for night builds, so I
> am eager to know which compiler is used for nightly builds, gcc-mingw or
> msvcrt or something else?

The nightly build uses mingw-gcc. Unless you have specified another version in
your custom.sh, you will use the same gcc as the nightly build.

> PS: If the nightly build does use MinGW, I would like to know the version
> of gcc port it is using and any flags being used with gcc.

The build server uses packages versions as found in defaults.sh in the
packaging directory you downloaded. It doesn't override anything.

At present this version is mingw gcc 4.5.2-1.

> PPS: http://mingw.org/wiki/C99 tells mingw does not support C99 standards
> and further in faq http://www.mingw.org/wiki/FAQ (search for %ll)
> "You should use %I64 instead of %ll when using msvcrt."
> But pathcing that on the whole of GnuCash would not be feasible, since that
> would violate C99.
>
> At this point, I would like to know a bit of specifics about nightly build
> system.

I don't know why your system runs into this error while the build server
doesn't. Do you have cygwin installed ? Perhaps that is interfering ?

Geert