Shell script for back-porting (Re: r20572 - gnucash/branches/2.4/src/import-export/aqbanking - [20569] )

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Apr 19 16:28:25 EDT 2011

By the way, in case you haven't seen that yet:

I've added a shell script for easier back-porting in case you have a local
git-svn repository. The shell script is in gnucash's ./util/git-backport.sh
and it is already from the 2.2.x days.

It needs the to-be-backported SVN revision number as argument. It will modify
the commit message of the new commit so that it starts with the convention
[12345].

Additionally, the script will use your local username to identify whether the
new commit needs the line "Original commit by...", but if your SVN username is
different from your local one, I decided you need to set an environment
variable WHOAMI containing your SVN username. Eventually, my usage of that
script is as follows (in the git-svn repository):

  git checkout 2.4
  WHOAMI=cstim ./util/git-backport.sh 20569
  WHOAMI=cstim ./util/git-backport.sh 20570
  git svn dcommit

Feel free to modify that script if you can think of other more useful ways of
using it.

Regards,

Christian