OFX import from aqbanking (was: Fresh build of jhbuild and gnucash on OSX)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Apr 23 04:21:10 EDT 2011

Am Samstag, 23. April 2011 schrieb Martin Preuss:
> Hi,
>
> On Samstag 23 April 2011, Brad Grupczynski wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Yes! That's what I as thinking. I did try that quickly and it didn't fix
> > everything with respect to matching the OFX file import. My first attempt
> > at developing was a hack. Now that I'm in contact with the group I'll
> > make some good headway.
>
> [...]
>
> I'm not surprised. I believe GnuCash's import function just concatenates
> the content of the fields "remoteName" and "purpose", so if some parts are
> moved from one field to the other it doesn't really change the resulting
> Gnucash memo data...
>
> The function I was pointing to fills AB_TRANSACTION objects with data read
> from the OFX file. Maybe you'll have to focus on its counterpart within
> Gnucash which creates GnuCash transactions and splits (etc) from
> AB_TRANSACTION objects...

Probably true. Just for information: That function is performed in
gnc_ab_trans_to_gnc() in src/import-export/aqbanking/gnc-ab-utils.c . There
might surely be various problems during importing of OFX, because that use
case has never been investigated in detail. I wrote that function and tested
it solely for HBCI online download, so I don't know about its OFX usefulness.

By the way, you can add a "Import OFX file" using the aqbanking module
(instead of the hand-written OFX importer) by calling the function
gnc_file_aqbanking_import() with (I think) importername="ofx",
formatname="default", called from gnc-plugin-aqbanking.c. Just follow the
examples for e.g. mt940, all in the above directory.

Regards,

Christian