r20585 - gnucash/trunk - Replace guile configure check by PKG_CHECK_MODULE so that it also works in cross-compiling.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Apr 26 14:52:30 EDT 2011

On vrijdag 22 april 2011, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Author: cstim
> Date: 2011-04-22 15:43:39 -0400 (Fri, 22 Apr 2011)
> New Revision: 20585
> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20585
>
> Removed:
>    gnucash/trunk/macros/gnome-guile-checks.m4
> Modified:
>    gnucash/trunk/Makefile.am
>    gnucash/trunk/configure.ac
> Log:
> Replace guile configure check by PKG_CHECK_MODULE so that it also works in
> cross-compiling.

After this commit I couldn't build gnucash anymore on linux. It turns out that
pkgcheck adds a library dependency (-lltdl) that was not there in the guile
configure code before.

It's not a big deal in itself, I quickly figured out I had to install
libtool-ltdl-devel on my Fedora system to get it to build again.

I'm just bringing it up because I think it would be good to mention this in
the build dependencies. I'm just not sure what is the most up to date piece of
documentation we have for that. There's a README.dependencies in the src
directory, but that looks horribly out of date. So is there another place we
document build dependencies ?

Other than that, I'm very happy with this change. It clearly simplifies and
normalizes the configure code. Yay !

Geert

--
Kobalt W.I.T.