win32 trunk daily build runs again (was: still broken)

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Apr 27 08:24:45 EDT 2011

On zondag 24 april 2011, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 24. April 2011 schrieb Martin Preuss:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Samstag 23 April 2011, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > There's now a new win32 binary at
> > > http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/trunk/ , r20593. Can someone with
> > > Windows please check whether it can be installed and actually started?
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Unfortunately, it doesn't even start :-(
> > I see the splash screen for a few milliseconds and I also see that the
> > main windows seems to be created, but it is immediately destroyed. gconf
> > seems to be running fine and it automatically stops after some time...
>
> I tried the r20595 build on another Windows XP system, and there it
> installed and ran just fine. No crashes or similar. (The only obvious UI
> bug is that the non-highlighted tab titles are blacked out instead of
> readable, but I think this is already in bugzilla.)
>
> What are others seeing?

I just downloaded r20596 and installed it on my Windows XP test system. I get
the same experience as Martin. The splash screens pops up very briefly
together with another window (tip of the day ? main window ?) and then just
quits. There is no useful information in the trace file. I'll start a local
build to see if that also fails.

Geert