win32 trunk daily build runs again (was: still broken)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Apr 27 15:45:02 EDT 2011

Am Mittwoch, 27. April 2011 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> On zondag 24 april 2011, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 24. April 2011 schrieb Martin Preuss:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > On Samstag 23 April 2011, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, it doesn't even start :-(
> > > I see the splash screen for a few milliseconds and I also see that the
> > > main windows seems to be created, but it is immediately destroyed.
> > > gconf seems to be running fine and it automatically stops after some
> > > time...
> >
> > I tried the r20595 build on another Windows XP system, and there it
> > installed and ran just fine. No crashes or similar. (The only obvious UI
> > bug is that the non-highlighted tab titles are blacked out instead of
> > readable, but I think this is already in bugzilla.)
> >
> > What are others seeing?
>
> I just downloaded r20596 and installed it on my Windows XP test system. I
> get the same experience as Martin. The splash screens pops up very briefly
> together with another window (tip of the day ? main window ?) and then
> just quits. There is no useful information in the trace file. I'll start a
> local build to see if that also fails.

I wonder whether the dependency walker tool might show some conflicts in the
DLLs that are being used.

The computer where everything worked was the build server itself. Gnucash can
fine there. Also, the dependency walker didn't show anything unusual. But I
didn't have the chance to check this on another computer since.

Regards,

Christian