win32 build: guile files expected in c:\soft\guile (was: win32 trunk daily build runs again)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Apr 29 02:46:53 EDT 2011

Dear Robert,

thank you very very much for this observation!

Am Donnerstag, 28. April 2011 schrieb Robert Fewell:
> it appears to be looking in the c:\soft\guile\share\guile\1.8\
> ice-9 for the missing file / files.
>
> If I copy c:\soft\guile\.. to my test VM, gnucash starts.

Now we have to find out why the newer gnucash expects to find files in the
directory from the build server, and it quits if it can't find it. The nightly
build has switched to a newer guile version (1.8.8) on 2011-03-21 with some
final fixes on 2011-03-23. Does the trunk build between March 23 and April 1st
actually start? Can some people here please verify that trunk after March 23
starts without this weird crash?

If it starts correctly even with the newer guile version, the problem is in
the new gtk packages (introduced on April 14). If it doesn't start since March
23, we need to fix something in the newer guile usage.

I'll answer to your other problems in a separate message to distinguish those
issues from this one.

Regards,

Christian