win32 trunk problems (was: daily build runs again)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Apr 29 02:50:42 EDT 2011

Am Donnerstag, 28. April 2011 schrieb Robert Fewell:
> Other problems I have noticed are :-
>
> When you create a new account file, I submitted a patch to fire the 'save
> as' but that seems to of been lost, I don't think it is on 2.4.5 either.

There was a change in r20344 (2011-02-26, right before version 2.4.3) which
says "Only show the Save As dialog at the end of the Hierarchy druid if it was
called at the beginning of a new book, not when a hierarchy is added to from
the actions menu." Maybe we accidentally broke this again? Your patch was good
and we wanted to keep your proposed behaviour.

> If you save to xml, close the application and start it up again you end up
> with a blank accounts page, if you 'view new accounts page' you still end
> up with a blank accounts page but sqlite works.

This one is weird and needs more investigation, I guess. The recommended
storage on windows IMHO is still XML, so this should better work.

> The problem with the tabs being black appears to be down to the
> "MS-Windows" theme, if you choose a different theme, the tabs appear
> normal.

Ok. Maybe we need to change the default theme somewhere on the gnucash side?

Regards,

Christian