Another gnucash git question

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Apr 30 13:45:50 EDT 2011

On Apr 30, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On zaterdag 30 april 2011, John Ralls wrote:
>> You want to track refs/remotes/origin/2.4. The other ones are git-svn
>> artifacts.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>
> Ok thanks.
>
> I think I'm almost through now. There is one artifact still in my converted
> repo from how I originally imported the svn repo: I have a branch for each tag
> in svn.
>
> There were no actual tags at first sight, but I ran a
> git fetch -t origin
> This imported all tags as true tags.
>
> The tag-branches are still in the repo though and I would like to remove them.
> A git branch -d tags-<tag name>
> will probably remove them, but I'm concerned that this would also trigger git-
> svn to propagate the removal to our svn repository. How about this ?
>
> When I manage to remove these faulty branches, I can write up my experiences
> in the wiki in case others want to follow the same route.

Geert,

Yes, the tag branches are probably packed references from your original git svn import. You can look in your backup/.git/packed-refs (a text file) to make sure.

I don't think that git-svn even knows how to delete branches from the svn repo, but you could delete one, then try git svn dcommit -n (dry run) to make sure it doesn't try to do something dumb.

Regards,
John Ralls