trunk doesn't build

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Aug 10 04:41:46 EDT 2011

On dinsdag 9 augustus 2011, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hey all,
> I just migrated my laptop and am rebuilding GnuCash from scratch.
> A clean build from SVN from today yields the following during make check:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/warlord/src/gnucash/gnucash-svk/build/po' make[1]: *** No rule to
> make target `../src/gnome/druid-acct-period.c', needed by `gnucash.pot'.
> Stop. make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/warlord/src/gnucash/gnucash-svk/build/po'
>
> Did this file get removed without modifying POTFILES.in?

Obviously. I tend to forget about that file when I make changes. This time I
committed a patch by Robert Fewell without running a make check.

I just committed an updated POTFILES.in to fix this.

But afterwards, I still get a make check warning I'm not sure how to handle:
The following files contain translations and are currently not in use. Please
consider adding these to the POTFILES.in file, located in the po/ directory.

src/gnome/gnucash.desktop.in

Should this be added to POTFILES.in as suggested by the tool, or would that
result in weird things ? I don't know how the gettext tools deal with desktop
files.

Geert